How to Port Airtel, Vodafone to Jio | Port Jio Number
Jio is a well-known telecom operator company in the Indian circle. They provide many benefits at a reasonable price. Jio launched prepaid and postpaid plans and Jio Giga fiber. You can check our posts for all information about Jio Giga fiber. If you want to switch to Jio then read this post about How to Port Airtel, Vodafone to Jio | Port Jio Number.
You can Port Jio by following simple steps and these are given below with full explanation. Jio telecom increases its customer base day by day due to its services. They provide gsm, 2g, 3g, and 4g services to its customers. Jio launched prepaid, postpaid, unlimited and Jio Giga fiber plans for their customers. After Jio comes to the telecom market the price for all services is going down.
What Is Portability Service
Mobile Portability service is launched by TRAI [Telecom regulatory authority of India]. By using this service the users can shift to other telecom networks without changing their mobile number. TRAI manages the services provided by all telecom network operators in India. There are certain rules that are announced to all telecom operators who want to work in the telecom sector.
MNP service or Mobile number portability is a very helpful service for all telecom customers because before that everyone has to carry two or more sim numbers with them.
Why We Need MNP Service
A lot of customers face many problems with some telecom operators due to their area like they don’t receive better signal strength and poor internet speeds and others. Those people can easily use Port Sim numbers to other telecom operators who provide good services. You can also port from your telecom operator if you face any issues with your present operator. You can easily port to Jio telecom by reading the next paragraphs.
You can port from Airtel, Vodafone, Idea to Jio telecom network by sending an Sms. For that, you have to write PORT [capital letters] and your mobile number and send it to 1900. For example PORT[space]MOBILE NUMBER and send it to 1900.
After that, you will receive a code on your mobile number. That code is known as UPC code and you have to keep it secret until you port to Jio telecom. Also, keep in mind that you can port only if your mobile number is at least 90 days old or you can use that number from 90 days.
- How to Activate/Deactivate/Set Jio Caller Tune
- Jio Customer Care Number Toll-Free for All Indian States
Documents for Switch to Jio Telecom
You need the below documents in your hand before you start a Portability service on your mobile number. These documents are given below.
- UPC Code [Already explained]
- Your address proof
- Your passport size photograph
How to Port Vodafone to Jio | Airtel to Jio | Idea to Jio
You have to read the full procedure after you got the UPC code. These are the full steps by which you can port Vodafone to Jio | port from Airtel to Jio and Idea portability to Jio.
- You have to go to your nearby JIO Telecom operator office or shop.
- Then tell their agents about you want to port your mobile number to Jio telecom network
- They will ask about your documents that I already mentioned above.
- When they fill the application form for a new account then tell them your UPC code that you received.
- After that, you have to pay the required amount of fees for mobile portability service.
- Then they will give you a new sim card with the same mobile number that you have been used before.
- The new sim card starts working from 2-4 days and the old sim card stop working at that time.
- When your new sim card start working and you see signals coming on it then call on 59059 to complete the Tele-verification process.
If you have to face any issues or problems regarding the port to Jio number then you can call the customer care number for more help.
You can also check Ussd codes for more information about your telecom network. Ussd codes are helpful in checking balance, validity, recharge info, offers, net balance 4g usage, hello tune/ caller tune and other activated VAS services on your mobile number. Ussd codes are the fastest way to check information about your mobile number.
I hope you like this post for How to Port Airtel, Vodafone to Jio | Port Jio Number. For more information about news related to telecom operators keep subscribed to our blog via email. If you have a problem or query about this post then feel free to comment below and also don’t forget to share this post on social media to help other people who don’t know this information.
- How to Transfer Balance in Airtel, Vodafone, Idea, Bsnl, Jio and Other
- Loan Number for Airtel, Vodafone, Idea, Bsnl, and Jio | All Sim Loan Code
- How to Check Internet Balance in Airtel, Aircel, Bsnl, Idea, Vodafone & Jio
- All Sim Number Check Code for All Networks [ Airtel, Bsnl, Jio, Vodafone, Idea]
- How to Port Vodafone to Other Telecoms | Vodafone Port Number